Are you giving your kitchen a facelift? Kitchen remodeling is a great way to boost the appeal and value of a home. As you weigh your options for new features, countertops will likely be a major consideration. You’ll need to know which materials are best for kitchen countertops in Polson, MT.
There are actually a number of good options. As you design your custom countertops in Polson, MT, keep the following wood species in mind:
- Bamboo: For those who are seeking an eco-friendly option, bamboo is a leader. It also provides a sturdy and clean surface, perfect for modern kitchen countertops in Polson, MT.
- Beech: This wood is relatively affordable and quite attractive. It takes stains well and offers an appealing orange-pink tint.
- Black walnut: This is available in a variety of colors, from cream to black. It is valued for its gorgeous grain and its durability.
- Cherry: If you’d like to achieve a more sophisticated look, cherry is a good option. It offers a smooth finish with a subtle red tone that deepens over time.
- Hard maple: This makes a great butcher block counter. It offers a straight, simple grain that provides scratch resistance and durability.
- Hickory: If you’re looking for strength, turn to hickory. It’s the strongest American wood, so it’s sure to withstand tough use on kitchen countertops in Polson, MT.
- Mahogany: This is typically used in luxury furniture and is a soft wood, so you don’t want to cut directly on its surface. However, its beauty makes it a good choice if your goal is custom elegance.
- Teak: For those with exotic tastes, teak is a good option. This tropical hardwood offers a warm, rich coloring. Its high oil content and sturdy nature make it resistant to spills and tough use.
- Tigerwood: Want to make a design statement with your custom countertops in Polson, MT? The stripes of the tigerwood will do it.
- Wenge: This African hardwood offers a dark brown-black tone and is highly durable. Featuring a straight grain and rich color, it is an attractive choice for custom countertops in Polson, MT.
- Wormy chestnut: This reclaimed lumber offers the right look for a rustic kitchen. Keep in mind that it’s a soft wood, so don’t try to use it for a butcher block counter.
- Zebrawood: For something more unique, zebrawood provides a striking finish with its striped design. It also offers extreme hardiness for busy kitchens.
Don’t see the wood you want? If it didn’t make this list, it might still be a good option for your kitchen countertops in Polson, MT. Contact your local wood experts to determine if the wood you have in mind would make a good solution for your culinary center.
Equip Your Kitchen with Quality
When you need quality wood for your custom countertops in Polson, MT, Jackson Woodworks is your go-to source. For over 40 years, we have been providing quality custom woodwork and furniture all across Northern Montana. We work with all species of wood, no matter the size or style of project. Our team provides in-house estimates and would love to help with your next kitchen project. Give us a call today!
Categorised in: Countertops