Are you considering investing in wood countertops in Polson, MT for your kitchen? If so, there are a few things you should know. Use the following overview as you plan your custom countertops in Polson, MT.
- Budget-friendly: If you’ve priced stone countertops, you know they can be a significant investment. For those looking for a more budget-friendly choice, butcher-block counters are ideal.
- Easy installation: Wood is simple to work with and easy to customize to your space. Compared to stone, wood makes a better DIY option.
- Durability: If you care for them properly, wood countertops in Polson, MT can last as long as your home. They are a strong, durable choice.
- Noise-reduction: With wood countertops, your kitchen offers a quieter setting. You won’t experience the clatters and clanks when placing items on the counter that you hear with other surfaces. The wood also helps absorb the sound of appliances.
- Simple maintenance: If the wood becomes scratched or burned, it can be refinished to look new again. This simple sanding and restoration is typically completed as a DIY project.
- Sustainability: Wood countertops in Polson, MT are a green option. They are a sustainable resource and can be recycled.
- Shape-shifting: Wood can change with the weather. This creates the potential for wooden countertops to warp and gap over time if not properly installed or maintained.
- Maintenance: If the counters are not finished, they should be oiled monthly. Spills can stain the wood, so they must be carefully cleaned up right away. Coated surfaces typically need to be refinished every five years.
- Burns: Wood is flammable, so hot pots can cause burn marks on your custom countertops in Polson, MT. Trivets are needed to prevent scorching.
How to Shop
If you decide wood countertops in Polson, MT are the right choice for you, look for solid wood as you shop. Also, be careful to measure accurately before ordering. Be sure to include the overhang (1 to 1.5 inches is standard). Consult with local wood professionals to determine which type of wood might be best for your setting.
How to Maintain
Once your wood countertops in Polson, MT have been installed, use proper maintenance to keep them looking sharp. Use a small amount of dish soap to wipe down the counters after each use. Avoid ammonia and bleach-based cleaners and instead apply a white vinegar and water solution to de-germ the surface. To remove stains and odors, use table salt and lemon. For scratches, fill with a matching shade of paraffin wax. Deeper cuts can be smoothed away with coarse sandpaper, then apply an oil-wax to finish.
Would you like more information about wooden custom countertops in Polson, MT? The experts at Jackson Woodworks are ready to assist you. We’ve been the area’s go-to source for custom woodwork since 1978. We offer in-house estimates and will help during the design of your wood countertops in Polson, MT. We work with all species of wood to create the perfect finish for your kitchen. No job is too big or small. Reach out to us today to get started!
Categorised in: Countertops